UNDERGROUND GASOLINE TANKS
reliable and safe storage of fuel products
Double Walled Steel / Fiberglass Jacketed Fuel Storage System
Steel fuel containment systems have a proven history of providing reliable and safe storage of fuel products. With the addition of a fiberglass reinforced “FRP” outer, secondary containment layer the Elutron® fuel storage system creates a high performance, seamless and durable underground storage solution. The 360º interstice between the steel and FRP secondary containment is created by incorporating an aluminum foil layer which in turn provides a system for monitoring inner tank integrity. The steel inner tank provides the highest level of structural stability while the outer FRP layer provides complete protection from underground environmental conditions. The UL Listed Elutron® Double Walled Fiberglass Jacketed tank system meets the EPA 40 CFR subpart B, 280.20 standards for new underground storage tanks.
TrueNorth Steel’s Elutron® underground fuel storage tanks are compatible with water, gasoline, jet fuel, methanol and ethanol in varying concentrations, E 10, E-15, E-80, E-100 and kerosene commonly used in a variety of applications such as fuel stations, emergency power generators, and farm and residential operations and can incorporate multiple compartments. Installation of Elutron® diesel underground storage tanks is uncomplicated and due to the inherent, long term strength of steel are less dependent upon backfill for support when compared to non-metallic underground tank systems. Non-metallic underground tank systems require high-quality gravel backfill and a greater distance between adjacent tanks.
Each Elutron® system is supplied with a factory-established interstitial vacuum. Prior to delivery, our team cleans and levels all the fittings and marks the center lines on each tank. These details save installers several hours of work normally spent on the pre-installation testing and cleaning of non metallic tanks.
Quality is built-in to every tank system TrueNorth Steel fabricates and our production facility is certified and regularly audited by the American Petroleum Institute and Underwriters Laboratories.
TrueNorth Steel is a reliable partner with over 70 years of experience fabricating superior steel products including a wide array of storage tanks such as above ground fuel storage tanks, Fireguard® fire rated fuel storage systems, modular agricultural fuel storage tanks and petroleum storage tanks for oilfield applications.
Explore Other Underground Tank Solutions
Mission Critical Fueling Applications
truck stops | mass transit refueling | military installations
Why TrueNorth Steel
Benefits Of our Fuel Storage Tanks
Features of TrueNorth Steel’s® UL Listed Elutron® Underground Fuel Storage Tanks
- Sizes range from 560 to 40,000 gallons and 4 to 12 feet in diameter
- Can be fabricated with single or multiple compartments
- Each system includes the tank, underground connected piping and underground ancillary equipment such as deadmen anchors and tie-down straps
- Elutron® systems produced by TrueNorth Steel® are supplied with a limited 30-year warranty when storing flammable and combustible fluids
- Each tank is UL listed and Elutron® technology is tested per UL standard 58 external pressure test
Benefits of Elutron® System Manufactured by TrueNorth Steel®
- Customizable tank design to suit a variety of applications
- Quick and simple installation requires no special and expensive backfill material.
- Less risk of damage during installation when compared to fiberglass systems
- TrueNorth Steel® performs pre-installation interstitial vacuum testing
- Every tank is shipped with cleaned and leveled fittings to save time
- Steel is the ultimate recyclable construction material
- Every tank is tested per the UL standard 58+UL1746 to ensure it meets the specifications required by the National Fire Protection Association
- All of our welders are AWS certified
- TrueNorth Steel maintains a comprehensive Quality Management System that guides every aspect of our operations including sourcing, planning, and manufacturing processes
Why TrueNorth Steel®?
- 70 plus years of complex and critical steel tank fabrication
- American Petroleum Institute and Steel Tank Institute certified and UL Listed
- Member of American Iron and Steel Institute
- TrueNorth Steel is dedicated to the highest levels of safety
- Unsurpassed customer support and commitment to on-time delivery
- Sump collars
- Threaded or flanged ports
- Deadman anchors
- Hold down straps
- Submersible pumps