UNDERGROUND GASOLINE TANKS
reliable and safe storage of fuel products
Double Walled Steel / Fiberglass Jacketed Fuel Storage System
The 360º interstice between the steel and FRP secondary containment is created by incorporating an aluminum foil layer that provides a system for monitoring inner tank integrity. The UL Listed Elutron® Double-Walled Fiberglass Jacketed tank system meets the EPA 40 CFR subpart B, 280.20 standards for new underground storage tanks.
WHAT MATTERS MOST
- Reliability: No documented external corrosion failure of any Plastee ® tank.
- Satisfaction: 30-year Limited Warranty
- Sizes and Capacities: 560 to 40,000-gallon capacity, 4 to 12 feet in diameter
- Versatility: Compatible with gasoline, ethanol blends from E10 to E100, diesel, bio-diesel blends from B2 to B100, fuel oil, methanol, and isobutanol and additives (Can be lined internally for special applications e.g., DEF, jet fuel, non-potable water storage)
- Customization: Available with multiple compartments for multiple fuel storage
- Cost-effectiveness: Lower installed cost than fiberglass underground fuel storage tanks due to less excavation and backfill material. Learn more about Excavation/Backfill Comparison here.
- Sustainability: Steel is 100% recyclable
ABOUT TRUENORTH STEEL
TrueNorth Steel is a reliable partner with over 75 years of experience fabricating a wide array of superior steel tank products, including horizontal and vertical tanks, single-wall and double-wall above-ground fuel storage tanks, Fireguard® protected fuel storage systems, Flameshield® fire-tested tanks, and petroleum storage tanks for oilfield applications.
All of our welders are American Welding Society certified and TrueNorth Steel maintains a comprehensive Quality Management System that guides each aspect of our steel fabrication, including sourcing, planning, and manufacturing processes.
TrueNorth Steel tanks are easy to install and arrive with precast concrete deadman anchors and either steel or polyester tie-down straps.
TrueNorth Steel delivers Elutron® tanks with vacuums applied and center lines marked to simplify and expedite installation.
Elutron’s unique and time-proven double-walled, fiberglass jacketed tank technology provides reliable performance, safety, and ease of installation.
- The inner steel tank is designed to contain gasoline, JET A, AVGAS, Diesel, DEF, and methanol/ethanol in varying concentrations.
- The outer fiberglass “FRP” jacket and inner steel tank are separated by an interstitial space allowing monitoring of tank integrity.
- The outer FRP jacket acts as a corrosion barrier against aggressive and corrosion underground conditions ensuring outstanding long-term tank performance
- The UL Listed Elutron® Double Walled Fiberglass Jacketed tank system meets the EPA 40 CFR subpart B, 280.20 standards for new underground storage tanks.
- Tank built and tested in accordance with UL58 Steel Underground Tanks for Flammable and Combustible Liquids, and UL1746 External Corrosion Protection Systems for Steel Underground Storage Tanks.
Inner UL-58 Steel Tank
Interstitial Standoff Material
Fiberglass Outer Jacket Layer
Completed Elutron® Tank
Three-compartment 20,000-gallon Elutron tank. Can include a separate DEF-only compartment.
Elutron® tanks are compatible with most fiberglass sump collars
TrueNorth Steel is ready to support your needs. We’re more than just a top-notch tank fabricator.
- Expert estimators on staff to provide you with budget, availability, and final pricing information
- Technical and field support are there when you need them – reach out 24/7
- Management of our own logistics operations, assuring on-time delivery