STEEL IN MODERN ARCHITECTURE
Steel has long been the preferred material for architectural framework, but when it’s recognized for its innate beauty as well as its structural integrity, the results can be awe-inspiring. Revered architects have challenged the idea of using steel merely to construct a building’s skeleton and have instead created innovative and surprisingly fluid structures that allow the material to take center stage. What’s more, many modern architects are experimenting with the aesthetics of steel, from cultivating rust for an aged patina to polishing for a high shine to bronzing for a warmer finish.
Our team has experience working on all facets of structural steel manufacturing and fabrication, from pre-construction to installation. We have worked on hundreds of high profile projects in commercial, industrial, and civil applications to make your architectural vision a reality out of structural steel.
At TrueNorth Steel, we work closely with the construction team, combining their vision with our experience to ensure building projects are designed, fabricated and built to specifications, on time and as efficiently as possible. We visualize each project’s use of structural steel from both an architectural and structural engineering perspective, with an emphasis on:
• Applications and uses of innovative design and construction methods
• Aesthetic and visual impact of the project
• Innovative use of architecturally exposed structural steel
• Technical or architectural advances in the use of the steel
• Sustainability, Green Initiatives
SAN JOSE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
ANAHEIM REGIONAL TRANSPORTATION INTERMODAL CENTER
- AISC Building Fabricator (BU)
- AISC Bridge & Highway Components (CPT)
- AISC Bridge Fabricator – Advanced (ABR)
- AISC Fracture Critical Endorsement – (FCE)
- AISC Special Paint Endorsement – Enclosed (P1)
- Designed & Fabricated to applicable AASHTO/ASTM Standards
- City of Los Angeles Certified Fabricator
- WABO (Washington Area Building Officials) Certified Fabricator
- CWB (Canadian Welding Bureau) Certified Fabricator
- AWS (American Welding Society) Certified Welding Fabricator
Our Structural Steel Team
Our team has experience in all facets of structural steel manufacturing and fabrication, from pre-construction to operations. We have worked on hundreds of projects in commercial, industrial, structural plate, and major bridge areas of structural steel.
Our Services and Capabilities
Over the years, TrueNorth Steel has gained a national reputation for delivering a quality product and customer satisfaction. Regardless of the scope of work or complexity of the project, we’re confident we can bring solid solutions to complex projects. We work closely with the construction team, combining their vision with our experience to ensure building projects are designed, fabricated and built to spec, on time and as efficiently as possible.