Abutment Support System for TrueNorth Steel Bridges
Whether you require a bridge crossing for vehicles, trail use, golf courses or pedestrian applications, the SuperSill® abutment system is simple, cost-effective and fabricated with the same quality and design requirements as the TrueNorth Steel Bridge it supports!
SuperSill for Modular Vehicular and Pedestrian Bridges
- The SuperSill is a provisionally patented steel concrete abutment form.
- It applies a corrugated sheet, wide-flanged W-beam, and welded supports to a heavy duty, high quality frame.
- Pre-engineered and standardized to eliminate unique abutment design fees.
- SuperSill prefabricated abutments eliminate unnecessary on-site forming and installation costs due to idle labor and equipment.
- The abutments can also be shipped empty, on the same truck as the bridge, removing the requirement of shipping low-value concrete from the plant to the jobsite
- SuperSill abutments are designed to support a variety of soil conditions without the need for piling.
- Certified for Steel Plate Girder Bridges
- Perched abutment.
- Includes integral backwall providing interface between bridge and approaches.
- Supports the weight of the trail bridge (no load) in an empty state.