SERVICES & CAPABILITIES
More than Materials
Over the past 75 years, TrueNorth Steel has gained a national reputation for delivering quality products and customer satisfaction. We specialize in greenfield and retrofit projects.
Our Manufacturing Capabilities:
- 800,000 square feet under roof production for structural and miscellaneous fabrication
- Diverse Locations Across the Midwest, Southwest, and Rocky Mountains
- Capacity 45,000+ tons of steel annually
- 3-D drafting software TEKLA Structures & SDS/2
- TEKLA EPM
- Mobile cranes – unlimited capacity
- Up to 80 ton overhead crane capacity
- Automated CNC equipment:
- Robotic Welder
- Multi-access scribing/layout processing centers
- Beam punch, Drill lines, and Angle lines
- CNC Plasma and plate processing centers
- Blasting and coating booths
- Sub-arc welding equipment
- Plate and angle shears, brakes, and rollers
- Inbound and outbound rail spur access
We have an experienced drafting team at each of our locations. Our drafters use the latest technology in 3-D modeling software, Tekla Structures, and SDS2.
In-house document control personnel ensure critical project documents are tracked accurately.
We have trusted subcontractor partners that can add capacity to support demanding project schedules when required.
PRECONSTRUCTION DESIGN ASSIST
Our job doesn’t end when the steel is fabricated and delivered. We work closely with our customers and sub-contractors during project pre-construction phases to ensure proper and safe steel construction.
With in-house structural engineers and strong partnerships with outside engineering firms, TrueNorth Steel provides a variety of engineering services including connection and member design to steel erection constructability plans for all types of projects.
TrueNorth Steel has forged strong relationships with respected nationwide steel erectors allowing us to deliver a complete structural steel package for any project.
Our qualified partners have extensive project experience and knowledge to help streamline the most unique projects while keeping safety and quality a top priority.
Our project management team handles all aspects of your project – from scheduling and production updates to contract administration and project coordination. Through the use of TEKLA EPM real time reporting, we ensure a smooth-running project and a positive experience for all stakeholders.
We set ourself apart by always providing you a responsive, direct line of communication with our team.
It has to be on time and at TrueNorth Steel, we’ve built our business on meeting and beating our customers’ deadlines.
We offer complete Logistics services for all of our projects including permitting, pilot cars, packaging, and route planning. Our logistics team coordinates all trucking requirements regardless of complexity. Owning our fleet of trucks, puts us in control of your project delivery from start to finish.
MORE THAN MATERIALS
Our integrated team of pre-construction, project managers, construction development, drafters, and production staff work closely with our clients to provide the most comprehensive solutions and services.
We combine our client’s vision with our experience to ensure projects are executed flawlessly from concept to completion.
- AISC Building Fabricator (BU)
- AISC Bridge & Highway Components (CPT)
- AISC Bridge Fabricator – Advanced (ABR)
- AISC Fracture Critical Endorsement – (FCE)
- AISC Special Paint Endorsement – Enclosed (P1)
- Designed & Fabricated to applicable AASHTO/ASTM Standards
- City of Los Angeles Certified Fabricator
- WABO (Washington Area Building Officials) Certified Fabricator
- CWB (Canadian Welding Bureau) Certified Fabricator
- AWS (American Welding Society) Certified Welding Fabricator