PREFABRICATED VEHICULAR BRIDGES
Designed to aashto code
TrueNorth Steel vehicular bridges seamlessly tie together the most important aspects of bridges including aesthetics, cost and installation time. Our durable, pre-fabricated, high-quality modular designs are low cost and can meet AASHTO, state and local bridge design requirements. We ship them prefabricated directly to the project so they can easily be assembled and installed by contractors or county crews, resulting in minimal road closure times.
Our bridges can accommodate asphalt, concrete, gravel or treated timber driving surfaces depending on existing road conditions. Prefabricated steel back walls, pre-engineered SuperSill® abutments, and abutment design services ensure a design that is fully integrated with your project – simplifying installation and reducing cost.
- County Roads
- Public Works, Government, & Municipality Projects
- State and National Parks
- Timber Development Locations
- Energy, Mining, Industrial
Features & Benefits
- Virtually Any Width
- Clear Spans Up to 240 Feet
- Install up to 50-feet with excavators
- Multiple Load Designs
- From highway to heavy logging loads
- Weathering steel & painted structures
- Designed to AASHTO Code
- State & Local
- Heavy-Duty Decking
- Galvanized corrugated
- Guard Rail
- Rated for test-levels 1-5
Why TrueNorth Steel
High Quality Steel Bridge Solutions
TrueNorth Steel bridges feature simple, lightweight modular construction but deliver big on aesthetics and quality details. We pre-manufacture components in our AISC-certified facilities, where we use only the highest quality materials and welding procedures. This process shortens lengthy production timelines while ensuring you get easy and fast, bolt-together installation at a low cost.
TrueNorth Steel has the expertise and ability to provide stamped engineered drawings for our pre-engineered modular vehicular bridges, highway girders and pedestrian truss bridges. Our engineers are registered in all 50 states and we are ready to support your project wherever you are located.
- AISC-certified manufacturing facilities ensure the highest quality construction and fabrication.
- Fracture Critical Endorsement to meet the most stringent bridge fabrication demands.
- Sophisticated Paint Endorsement.
- Designed and fabricated to applicable AASHTO/ASTM Standards
Accelerate Bridge Construction
Simplify installation with low maintenance materials. Typical county projects of 80’-0” spans or less are finished within three to four days, keeping county constituents happy and bus routes open!
- Light weight. Up to 50’-0” span individual bridge modules can be set with one or two excavators- no need to rent a crane.
- If a crane is required, the crane service will spend more time mobilizing to the jobsite and setting up their equipment than setting the bridge modules. The crane service will often be packed-up by lunch time and headed back to the shop.
- If soil conditions are conducive to a perched-style spread footing abutment, our pre-engineered / prefabricated SuperSill® is can be set with an excavator and filled with concrete or shipped to the jobsite pre filled.
- Bridge modules can be positioned into place by county forces, bolted together and then welded to the SuperSill®.
- Guardrail systems are pre-installed on bridge modules.
- To finish the job, simply bolt on back walls, build your road approaches and install the road base on the heavy duty galvanized corrugated deck.
- Clear Spans up to 120’ in the pre-engineered modular configuration. Up to 240’ clear spans TrueNorth Steel will provide bridge parts in prefabricated pieces for bolt together installation.
- Long span capabilities often allow for elimination of piers or bents saving construction costs, increases hydraulic flows and eliminates pier scour.