Available in Several Different Configurations
Waterman Canal Gates
Canal Gates offer reliable water control in canal and water pipeline systems which operate with low and medium head pressures. We supply Waterman Canal Gates with:
- A wide variety of mounting options and pipe adapters
- Stainless steel frame, guide rails, and bolts
- Bolted steel frame. Choice of standard painted steel, upgraded galvanized steel or stainless steel
- Epoxy, coal tar, or ASTM galvanized coatings
- Extended stems; custom pitch and thread rotation; stem guides; limit nuts
- Waterman Rising-Stem Extensions are factory installed to the height required, providing a rising stem and handwheel, keeping threads and lifts above the water level and allowing the amount of gate opening to be readily determined
- Non-Rising Stem Extensions position the gate handwheel at convenient static operating elevations, eliminating hardware which might otherwise rise into traffic areas.
WAterman Cast Iron Flap Gates
Flap Gates are supplied in either cast iron or painted plate steel. Cast Iron Flap gates feature several mounting options including flatback, spigot back, or tapered setting collar for concrete pipe.
Steel Flap Gates
Steel Flap Gates come in either a “bolt-on” or “adjustable” pipe connection that provides a tight compression fit onto 6” through 48” diameter pipe.
Slide Gates are an economical gate option and are commonly used on ditch turnouts and similar low head operations. TrueSlide Distribution Gates are formed from 16 gage galvanized steel, heavier than the industry standard for this gate type, and feature a smooth mounting ring for easy installation when bolted to 12” through 36” diameter corrugated steel pipe or to corrugated HDPE pipe. Easy lift handles provide comfortable and safe operation. Also available with 2’ CSP stub attached for easy banding to existing pipe.
Waterman Slide gates come in a wide variety of configurations and feature a positive one-quarter-turn cam lock for positive seating and easy regulation of flow. Models available for concrete, corrugated steel, PVC, CIP and HDPE mounting. Sizes 8″ through 24.
- C-8 models have a long-life neoprene composition gasket within a press-formed recess in the cover.
- This allows tight sealing with minimum drag during opening and closing.
- C-8E models have steel seats.