Corrugated Steel Pipe Operations Manager
Health & Dental Benefits Information:
CSP Ops Manager
In addition to the role and responsibility as Site Manager for your respective Site, the CSP Operations Manager will assist the VP of Operations with the ongoing evaluations and production efficiency improvements of each CSP Site within TrueNorth Steel (TNS).
Essential Position Requirements:
- Establish standardization and best practices of company manufacturing processes related to production throughout all CSP Sites.
- Establish and monitor production Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for CSP product line.
- Coaching and mentoring Site Operations Managers regarding product line manufacturing and production floor efficiencies and provide status updates as required.
- Work with assigned Manufacturing Engineer to plan and implement process improvements.
- Communicating product line performance at the sites.
- Participate in product cost reviews, job or product kickoff meetings and provide solutions to improve profitability.
- Make recommendations on product line capital investments and initiate AFE and MOC approval process.
- Develop and execute resolution root cause analysis for product line Corrective Actions (CA’s) and Non-Conformances (NC’s).
- Communicating with sales to determine most profitable utilization of planning, capacity and capabilities of product line sites.
- Responsible for product line budgets and control of manufacturing costs with support of site managers and finance personnel.
- Provide Leadership in the managing and execution of new product development for product line.
- Prompt and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Work Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field with extensive experience in manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 10 years managing operations in a manufacturing environment.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong leadership skills – must have experience in managing people in a leadership role.
- Must have the ability to develop leadership at all levels of areas of responsibility.
- Good understanding of manufacturing process, quality systems and continuous improvement.
- Must have a strong internal customer service focus which leads to a culture of team work with sales, production, purchasing, drafting, quality, safety and finance.
- Ability to effectively develop, communicate and implement process improvements.
- Must be an outstanding team leader and will be held accountable for the quality of the end product.
- Ability to effectively communicate, coordinate, and resolve conflict .
- Must have general computer experience along with experience using spreadsheet and word processing programs.
Required Competencies / Qualities:
- Leadership – Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions and areas of responsibility.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with management using the spoken word.
- Delegating Responsibility – Ability to allocate authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate people.
- Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
FLSA Status: Full-Time; Exempt
Reports To: President
Location: Fargo, ND