CNC Machine Operator
Health & Dental Benefits Information:
The Machine Operator is responsible for operating equipment throughout the manufacturing process, with all work being completed with varying levels of supervision.
Essential Position Requirements:
- Follow all company safety and quality requirements.
- Operate, with supervision, at least one major piece of equipment; demonstrate competency on routine, repetitive tasks; learn machine capacities; participate in routine maintenance procedures.
- Exhibit a working knowledge of material identification.
- Willing to work flexible hours and overtime or weekends as needed.
- Effectively operate common layout tools.
- Prompt and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Work Experience:
- High School diploma or GED required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions.
- Exhibits basic computer skills associated with the operation of the machine.
- Working knowledge of basic lifting and rigging techniques.
- Plan and organize work to meet deadlines.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to read a tape measure (imperial and metric).
- Ability to work with others.
- Ability to work safely and accurately.
Required Competencies / Qualities:
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Honesty/Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Initiative – Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Reliability – The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a CNC Machine Operator to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the CNC Machine Operator is regularly required to sit, using hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear well.
- The CNC Machine Operator may be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- The CNC Machine Operator must be able to climb stairs, bend at the waist, twist, climb, stoop, stand, walk, grasp, pull, push, and have the full use of fingers on both hands to enable safe material handling, as well as function efficiently and safely in the outdoor work environments with exposure to weather extremes.
- The CNC Machine Operator must be able to hear and understand verbal instructions in a shop environment, as well as effectively communicate (verbal and written)
FLSA Status: Full-Time; Non-Exempt
Reports To: Shop Supervisor
Location: Rapid City, SD