Health & Dental Benefits Information:
Responsible for the safe and efficient fabrication of tank and/or structural steel products. The Welder I is an entry-level welding position, with all work being completed with close supervision.
Essential Position Requirements:
- Follow all company safety and quality requirements.
- Fabricate/ weld simple tank products with close supervision.
- Fabricate/ weld moderately complex items with close supervision.
- Interpret and apply shop drawing information, including welding symbol designations, with limited assistance.
- Understand and utilize proper lifting and rigging techniques.
- Welder must effectively operate common layout tools.
- Prompt and dependable attendance.
Other duties as assigned
Education & Work Experience:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- One to two years of welding experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Exhibit knowledge of material identification, equipment utilization and welding equipment set-up and maintenance.
- General knowledge of equipment and operations.
- Possess limited theoretical welding knowledge while under close supervision.
- Possess knowledge of proceduralized tasks involving motor skills under close supervision.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to read a tape measure (imperial and metric).
- Ability to work with others.
- Ability to work safely and accurately.
Required Competencies / Qualities:
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Honesty/Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Initiative – Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Reliability – The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Welder to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Welder is regularly required to sit, using hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear well.
- The Welder may be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- The Welder must be able to climb stairs, bend at the waist, twist, climb, stoop, stand, walk, grasp, pull, push, and have the full use of fingers on both hands to enable safe material handling, as well as function efficiently and safely in the outdoor work environments with exposure to weather extremes.
- The Welder must be able to hear and understand verbal instructions in a shop environment, as well as effectively communicate (verbal and written)
FLSA Status: Full-Time; Non-Exempt
Reports To: Shop Supervisor
Location: Rapid City, SD