Entry Level Welder
Health & Dental Benefits Information:
The Welder is responsible for the safe and efficient fabrication of corregated pipe products. The Welder I is an entry-level welding position, with all work being completed with varying levels of supervision.
Essential Position Requirements:
- The Welder will perform all duties in a safe manner and in compliance with the established JSA.
- Ability to fabricate simple structural or tank products (primarily composed of fillet welded, perpendicular shear plates and/or in position tank welding) with minimal supervision.
- Ability to fabricate moderately complex items (skewed shear plates, penetration welds, tank layout and tank fitting attachment) with supervision.
- Interpret and apply shop drawing information, including weld symbol designations, with limited assistance.
- Practice and promote Safety and Housekeeping.
- Prompt and dependable attendance.
- Others duties as assigned.
Education & Work Experience:
· High School diploma or GED.
· One to two years of welding experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Certified in at least one welding process (SAW, GMAW, FCAW, and/or SMAW).
· Exhibit knowledge of material identification, equipment utilization and welding equipment set-up and maintenance.
· Understand and utilize proper lifting and rigging techniques.
· General knowledge of equipment and operations including shears, press brakes, plasma cutting operation, sandblasting, flanging, rolling equipment and drills.
· Understand and follow oral and written directions.
· Ability to read a tape measure (imperial and metric).
· Effectively operate common layout tools.
· Ability to work with others.
· Ability to work safely and accurately.
Required Competencies / Qualities:
· Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
· Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
· Honesty/Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
· Initiative – Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
· Reliability – The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
· Requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping and stretching
· Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate welders and other shop equipment.
· Ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
FLSA Status: Full Time; Non-Exempt
Reports To: Shop Supervisor
Location: Huron, SD